For my new song I had decided to use a Portishead song from their album Third. This was due to the dark and disturbing nature within the album and the themes of disillusion and fear that help create a haunting atmosphere that interests.
Below is the shortlist of the Portishead songs I have considered using:
While this song will fit well with the idea I have for the song. I feel it goes on for far to long and it will be tough to write a screen play for a video that is nearly 6 minutes long considering the time scale and budget that I am working on.
This song is a good length and hits the dark themes that I want clearly. Unfortunately though it is more suited to my original script which I can longer do so I cannot do this track.
This song is a very good length and has a more subtle minimal way of creating a disturbing atmosphere. However there is no build up at all during the entire song which will make the narrative seem quite dull as there will not be a change of pace to change the narrative or visuals of the video in an interesting way.
I think this song balances the right amount of length and tension building that is required to have a profound effect within the video. It also has an increase in pace to allow the narrative to be more varied. The only criticism I have is that it already has a music video but it is animated. I am not going to do this style of video so I feel comfortable producing my own idea without being influenced by the original.
No comments:
Post a Comment