For my edit I am using Final Cut Pro HD. I had it relatively easy to use as well as being the most practical editing software for me to use. This post will be updated regularly updated to show the progress of my edit.
23/11/14
I have various pieces of footage which I have been able to collect over various weeks. I would say there is now enough footage to create a rough cut edit of the video. However there is nowhere near enough to fill the entire song.
6/12/14
I have decided to put all of the footage into black and white. This was a creative decision I decided due to my ancillaries also being black and white. I also decided to do this due to there being various continuity errors in regards to lighting and hair colour of cast members already in the video.
I have decided to add in text at the beginning and at the end of the song. This was to help with the brand identity and the frame of the narrative so the viewers knows specifically when the music video has ended. I have used the Thailandesa text from Dafont.com as it is the same text seen in my ancillaries.
I am overlaying shots over each other and decreasing the opacity. I would then move the overlaid clip along slightly give a dream like effect onto the video.
7/1/15
I have decided to add in some fading features to the final shots of my video. This was because the song itself fades out when it ends. This was also done as the final two shots are incredibly long and editing them together does not help the videos pace.
14/1/15
I have decided to hold a still frame of a specific shot in the video and overlay it with a moving one. This adds a fantastically disturbing effect onto the pig within the shot.







No comments:
Post a Comment