The text for my digipak and advertisement is extremely important. If the text looks out of place or incorrect it can lower the overall quality of the product massively.
For this reason I have gone through various different types of texts to see which one will fit the theme best.
I first tried Times New Roman due to its simplistic styling which would fit well with the simple design of the advertisement. However it made the advert look a lot more basic and underwhelming than initially intended so the chosen text was scrapped due to it hindering the image rather than helping it.
Next, I tried the October Crow text for my products as it would emphasise the slight Horror elements that are within all of my products. I downloaded the October Crow text from a website known as Dafont in the horror section. While it was an improvement on the previous text, it felt out of place with the rest of the product which works against the concept I am trying to create rather than emphasising it. This in itself is a major problem for my work so I decided to change the text yet again.
Finally I decided to go with the text Thailandesa. This text was also from Dafont but it was taken from the foreign section. This text fitted well with the rather unorthodox naming of the band which is the word monsters in a foreign language. This text helps reinforce the disturbing and mysterious elements within the concept of the product as well as increaser the overall quality of the image. This is the text I have decided to use within my video.



No comments:
Post a Comment