Thursday, 22 January 2015

A Discussion on the Brand Identity Between My Products

My products had to all link with each other in at least one way. If one of my products felt completely disconnected from everything else. It would tarnish the quality of the whole brand and all products combined. This is why it was important to create some brand identity between my products.

Thailandesa

By using the same font across all of my products I was able to make the font associated with my products. It did help that I used a third party font that audiences may not have been 100% familiar with through their use of the default text fonts in Microsoft office or other pieces of software.

Black and White

All products being in black and white almost came around by accident. I was very keen on the idea of making all of my products in colour as I wanted to try and create products that were not unlike those that I made during my AS coursework. The ancillaries had to be turned into Black and White in the early stages of production as I could not find text that would merge well with the product. It was not a case of font but it was a case of colour. Every colour I tried took away from the photographs taken instead of enhancing them. For this reason the ancillaries were converted into black and white so the text could enhance the image. The video was originally going to stay in colour but with the lighting continuity getting worse as the production moved along as well as the lead actress dyeing her hair in the middle of production. I felt I had to change it into black and white to negate these issues as well as make it merge more with the other products.

Imagery across all products 

I decided to use some unconventional imagery across the promotional material for the project. Instead of using shots of the band, I used shots of the monsters from the music video in the ancillaries. I often wrestled with the idea that the lead actress in the video should be in the ancillaries but I never felt like it would have the same impact as having rather unconventional and often disturbing imagery instead. An example of this I have found was BADBADNOTGOOD's jazz album which uses very distinct styling similar to mine (I found this album cover on the 19/1/15, I finished my ancillaries on 12/12/14 this digipak was not used for inspiration. It is a huge coincidence on styling between mine and BADBADNOTGOOD's album. I chose to show this album cover as it explains my point in the most clear way possible)
. 

No comments:

Post a Comment